The relaunch of K-Swiss Performance Apparel
When Marcus Lafayette took responsibility for the global re-launch of the K-Swiss Performance Apparel collection, the business had been losing money for 5 years. The financial objective was to turn it to profit in a single season, improve the quality of design and materials, and align apparel more closely to footwear. We delivered on every challenge.
Now entering the third year of the partnership, the Performance Apparel collection is moving from strength to strength, by adding items and sub-collections, continuously innovating in fabrics and fabrications, and delivering robust financial performance.
Key accomplishments include:
- Creating a new visual identity for the K-Swiss Performance collection
- Building a totally new supply chain for apparel, including design, development, sourcing, and logistics
- Creating new sizing and fits for all apparel items to make them consistent with competitors
- Delivering the first collection in half the standard time, while reducing minimums and lead time
- Making a profit from the very first collection